Speed dating in crewe cheshire Live chat with girl xnxxx
Since the land was bought from the Earl of Crewe, whose mansion stood nearby, and it was located in the township of Crewe, the station was called Crewe.The railway station gave its name to the town of Crewe that was actually situated in the ancient parish of Coppenhall.It was the first to be completely rebuilt owing to the need for expansion.It was the also first to have completely independent rail lines built around it to ease traffic congestion.To cope with the increase of traffic, the station was rebuilt in 1867 (according to WH Chaloner), the buildings facing each other on the present platforms 5 and 6 dating from this time, and built under the supervision of William Baker.
At the same time the works was redeveloped and enlarged and the town also enlarged under the leadership of John Ramsbottom, a Stockport man who had become Locomotive Superintendent.
The station opened on 4 July 1837 on the Grand Junction Railway.
The purpose was to link the four largest cities of England by joining the existing Liverpool and Manchester Railway with the projected London & Birmingham Railway.
Plans for the "independent lines" were approved in 1895 and construction lasted from 1896 This undertaking also included a marshalling yard to the south of the station at Basford Hall, a revolutionary 'tranship shed' which allowed fast transfer of freight from wagons to road vehicles under cover.
The station was enlarged between 1903 In 1923 the LNWR became part of the London, Midland & Scottish Railway group.
The township later became a civil parish in its own right, and, later still, was renamed Crewe Green to avoid confusion with the town of Crewe, which was adjacent to it.